Untitled by Dante Volta, 2014. Oil on canvas, 60 x 70 cm.
Lemony Snicket, The Slippery Slope (via lesslikelytobeevil)
COLD & DARK
It’s cold, dark and beautiful: winter photography by Mikko Lagerstedt
Yes, winter is coming, for sure! This year, they are telling that it’s going to be one of the coldest winters! Pff.. they tell that each year, don’t they? In relation to this, I found beautiful and freezing (in the pictures, of course) photography by Mikko Lagerstedt, with whose artworks, I think we all are familiar already.
10 Amazing Abandoned Places Around the Globe
- Spree Park, Berlin, Germany
- Hotel del Salto in Colombia - featured previously on Curious History
- Gulliver’s Travels Park, Kawaguchi, Japan
- Abandoned mill in Sorrento, Italy
- Mirny (Mir) Mine is a former open pit diamond mine located in Mirny, Eastern Siberia, Russia - The second largest man-made hole in the world
- The abandoned flats in Keelung, Taiwan
- Holland Island in the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, United States
- Craco is an abandoned commune and Medieval village in Italy
- Dadipark Dadizel in Belgium
- Abandoned train depot in Czestochowa, Poland
Where do you get your ideas from?